Travelocity’s Turkey Task Force will once again be on hand to assist holiday travelers. The 13th annual Turkey Task Force team of travel experts will be stationed at the country’s 10 busiest airports providing airport status reports, travel tips, money-saving advice and other helpful information via Twitter and live television interviews the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving.
Travelers can follow @Travelocity using the hashtag #TTF2013 to stay up-to-date on happenings at the airport, and will also have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the two-day campaign by participating in the conversation.
Airlines expect to top 25.1 million passengers over the Thanksgiving holiday, making 2013 the busiestThanksgiving season for flyers since 2010, according to Airlines for America. U.S. airlines added 2 percent more seats this year to accommodate the growing demand, so travelers should anticipate crowded airports and flights to be as full as last year (about 85 percent full on the busiest days).
The Turkey Task Force will be at the following airports providing travel updates:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International ( Atlanta )
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (Charlotte)
- Chicago O’Hare ( Chicago )
- Dallas / Fort Worth International ( Dallas )
- Denver International Airport ( Denver )
- McCarran International Airport ( Las Vegas )
- Los Angeles International Airport ( Los Angeles )
- LaGuardia Airport ( New York )
- San Francisco International Airport ( San Francisco )
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport ( Washington, DC )